Hunting with eagles is a traditional form of falconry found throughout the Eurasian Steppe, practiced by ancient Turkic peoples. Today it can be seen in contemporary Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
In the 13th century, Genghis Khan’s army seized the Kyrgyz nomad’s territory. Under Mongol rule, the Kyrgyz preserved their nomadic culture as well as eagle falconry traditions. But archaeologists trace back falconry in Central Asia to the first or second millennium BC.
The name of the golden eagle in Kyrgyz is “berkut” and the hunters are called “berkutchy”. They are the most dedicated keepers of the nomadic tradition.
Berkutchies have always been highly respected among the Kyrgyz and hunting was an important part of the nomadic life since it provided food and fur for a whole village during the harsh winters.
Berkut is not just a regular bird for hunters. It is a family member. The bird and its master have a special intimate connection and it helps them to go hunting and understand each other.
Now it is possible to meet a real berkutchy and his bird, watch a hunting show, and know more about these graceful birds. After the demonstration, you can take a closer look at the Bird and even hold it in your hands!
Upon request we offer 2 types of demonstration:
- hunt on a rabbit (alive)
- hunt on a fox skin (artificial)
Contact managers for booking (contact form is above). The prices start from 100 USD per group.
- Production of huge carpets In Bokonbaevo
- Horseback riding games (Son-Kul)
- Mittag – und Abendessen bei den einheimischen Familien
- Halbtägiger Ausflug zur Ala Artscha Schlucht
- Halbtägiger Ausflug zu einer Pferdefarm
- Besuch des Basislagers “Karkara”
- Lamm am Spieß
- Bootsfahrt auf dem Issyk Kul See
- Jurten-Aufbau Show am Son Kul See
- Hubschrauberflug zum “Südinyltschek” Basiscamp am Fuße des Khan Tengri Piks
- Demonstration von Traditionen mit Babuschki im Alaj Tal
- Demonstration von Filzprodukten im Kotschkor Dorf
- Golden eagle hunting show in Jety Oguz
- Nationale Reitspiele in der Nähe des Burana Turms
- Adlerjagdshow im Dorf Bokonbaewo
- Folklore – Show während des Abendessens in der Stadt Bischkek