“Achik Tash” tent camp, Lenin Peak (7134 m)
Working period from 1st of July to 1st of September 2019
“Achik-Tash” BC is placed on the altitude of 3600m asl, by the mountain river at a picturesque glade, providing excellent views of Lenin Peak massif and its northern slopes. A lot of moraine lakes are scattered around. In summer time, water in the lakes gets warm under the high-altitude sun radiation allowing pleasant swimming and diving.
“Achik-Tash” Base Camp is a tent camp, consists of two-bed “hangar” type tents. There is also a traditional Kyrgyz yurt (felt-covered portable house on wooden framework) serving as a dining room. The kitchen provides “three time” meal a day. Mobile cell broadcast is a great advantage, connecting our BC with the rest of the world. At the BC one can buy oneself a drink at the bar, buy or rent some mountaineering gear at the shop, get one’s own gas canisters refilled and store one’s stuff at the cloak-room.
Advanced Base Camp (Camp1) is located on the left side of Lenin glacier moraine, on the altitude of 4500m asl, just under the north-facing slopes of Lenin Peak. Mountaineers live in spacious shared (between two) tents up there. Dining room and kitchen occupy big tent of “Angara” type. Well-trained skilful rescue team (including a doctor) work at Camp1 to ensure safety and security of ascents. General leadership and coordination are ensured by responsible and tactful camp management.
How to get there…
First option (most convenient and recommended): Request “Ak-Sai Travel” company for private flight on a helicopter from Bishkek straight to BC. It would take about 3 hours to get there one way. You will be offered soft drinks during your flight. The only disadvantage of this option is slightly expensive cost.
Second option (common one): Take one-hour flight to Osh town and travel to BC by road. This option is relatively cheap and reasonably quick.
Third option (exotic one): Hire a 4WD transport in Bishkek and drive north to south across Kyrgyzstan over all mountain passes and gorges. This one puts into immediate touch with beauty and adventure of mountain roads, gets acquainted with interesting people including Kyrgyz traffic policemen, frontier servants and etc. This one can be recommended to bigger groups, having large amount of luggage and time to travel.
Cost of an accommodation for the clients (up to 2 pax) in a tent:
- Accommodation with breakfast – 25 USD per pax per night
- Accommodation with breakfast and dinner – 40 USD per pax per night
- Accommodation with 3-time meal – 55 USD per pax per night
Single accommodation supplement – 15 USD per person per night.
Minimal package – accommodation with breakfast
- Lunch or dinner without accommodation – 15 USD per pax
- Mountain guide services for a walk – starting from 60 USD per day per group
Costs of accommodation for accompany staff:
- For a group up to 4 pax – accompany 2 pax – 50% discount
- For a group from 5 pax and more – accompany staff – FOC (not more than 2 pax in a group, if more than 2 pax – rest with 50% discount)
- “Achik Tash” tent camp offers 12 tents for tourist accommodation (up to 2 pax in a tent).
- Camp offers a separate dinning tent, decorated in a National style with 40 seats at one time. Dinning tent has wooden tables and benches. There is also a satellite TV set in the dinning tent.
- Our camp has a guest yurt, decorated in a National style, where tourists can relax and have rest on soft pillows with a cup of a drink.
- Tent camp and each sleeping tent have electricity.
- Each sleeping place has cot, a matrass, linen, a pillow, a blanket and a SLEEPING BAG.
- There are 6 WC (Asian style), 4 shower cabins and a sauna (works upon request for extra charge).
- In case of an emergency, tent camp is equipped with a satellite phone.
Booking conditions and cancellation policy:
- Please send booking requests to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Booking requests are not accepted by telephone nor by oral form.
- In case there are specific requirements in the group (e.g. vegetarians), please indicate it during your reservation.
- Vouchers should be obtained and paid in our office in Bishkek in advance. Groups without showing vouchers at a yurt camp will not be accepted.
- Cancellation fee during 3 days before check in – without penalties
- Cancellation fee in less than 3 days, customer has to pay 50% from the total cost of a voucher.
- If more than 1 day accommodation, the full amount for the 1st night including meals.
The friendly team of “Ak-Sai Travel” company looks forward to see you in our “Achik-Tash” Base Camp! For more information please contact us on e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us to the number +996-312-909-356;