South Inylchek Base Camp is open 2 months a year from the 5th of July until the 30 August.
The South Inylchek BC is located in the heart of the Northern Tien Shan on the South Inylchek glacier, at an altitude of about 4000 m above sea level with a stunning view to Khan Tengri and Pobeda Peaks.
BC “South Inylchek” is a great place both for professional climbers, hikers, and cultural tourists.
- Climbers: BC South Inylchek is the starting point for climbing some of the highest peaks of the Tien Shan – Khan Tengri and Pobeda (please see our programs here)
- Hikers reach the South Inylchek base after 8 days trekking route along Inlychek glacier (please see our trekking programs here)
- Cultural tourists interested in exploring the Inylchek glacier and its high peaks, moraines, and lakes can have a helicopter trip and enjoy the magnificent views from the bird’s eye view, have a short stop at the base camp, and come back down to the valley within just 1 day.
BC South Inylchek: offers 50 double tents. On the territory of the base camp, there are 3 toilets, a sauna, and 1 dining tent for 50 people.
Living conditions of the South Inylchek BC:
Accommodation in spacious tents (2 people in a tent), which are installed on a wooden platform, with comfortable mattresses.
- Canteen tents with home-cooked meals including vegetarian options
- Sauna (Russian bath)
- Bar with a selection of drinks
- Electric generator
- Satellite connection (extra cost)
- Wi-Fi Internet (extra cost)
- Walkie-talkies (for communication with groups of climbers during expeditions)
- Climbing equipment for rent (tents, ropes, a set of pots, gas burners).
- Services of professional guides
- Porter service
There is radio communication with the Karkara base camp and our clients are always aware of the helicopter flight schedule.
The cost of living for clients in double occupancy in a tent:
- Accommodation with breakfast – USD 50 per person per night
- Accommodations with breakfast and dinner – USD 90 per person per night
- Accommodation with 3 meals a day – USD 100 per person per day
- Lunch box – USD 30