Our Base Camp works only two month in a year, starting from July 5 till August 30.
“South Inylchek” Base Camp is ideally situated in the heart of North Tien-Shan at the South Inylchek glacier, approximately at 4000 m asl.
It has a picturesque view on Khan-Tengri peak ( 7010 m .) and Pobeda peak( 7439 m .)
Who usually use the services of “South Inylchek” Base Camp?
Khan-Tengri Peak and Pobeda Peak expeditions: it’s a starting point for climbing these two great peaks (please, have a look at our programs in the “Mountaineering” section)
Trekking groups, which start their journey at the lower parts of Tien-Shan (Jergalan, Tuz, Karkara, Mayda-Adyr, Mertzbakher Lake areas) and finish at the foots of 7000’s peaks (please have a look at our programs at the “Trekking” section)
Ski-touring and heliski groups;
Travelers, who are interested in viewing Inylchek glacier with its highest peaks, moraines and lakes from the top, have a chance to fly on our helicopter. There is also a chance to make a short stop at our BC, to enjoy closer views of the mountains, do a light trekking and have a lunch in our BC.
“South Inylchek” Base Camp facilities:
– Accommodation in spacious tents (each tent for two – three people) based on the woody platforms with comfortable mattresses inside.
– Dinning tents with home-cooked meals, including vegetarian options, is served with a big appetite in mind.
– Sauna (Russian “banya”) and hot shower
– Bar with full range drinks
– Autonomous electricity generator
– Satellite connection (“Thuraya”)
– Internet connection
– Walkie-talkie radio connection (everyday connection with climbers on the route)
– Climbing equipment rent (high-altitude tents, ropes, cooking sets, gas stoves and etc.) and sale (gas cartridges, head lamps and etc.)
– Services of professional mountaineering guides
– Porter services
Our base camp has a daily radio connection with Karkara Base Camp (helicopter pad) and our clients are always aware of helicopter schedule (arr./dep.)
First mountaineers have landed in our BC for ascending Khan-Tengry (7010 m) and Pobeda (7439 m) Peaks! The chief of the base camp Dmitry Grekov welcomes all the pioneers desiring to climb magnificent peaks.
Welcome to our “South Inylchek” Base Camp!!!