Karakol gorge is located at Terskey Ala Too Ridge, 400 km off from Bishkek, near Karakol town. Terskey Ala Too Ridge has a great variety of forms and types of relief. The slopes of mountains are stretching down to the shores of the Issyk Kul Lake. In the upper part of Karakol gorge a mountaineering camp is located. There are many peaks rising above snow line there: Djiguit Peak (5130 m), Karakol Peak (5281 m), Prjevalski Peak (4283 m), Jukova Peak (4450 m), Tel’mana Peak (4460 m), Dimitrova Peak (4450 m), Fuchika Peak (4210 m), Gastello Peak (4350 m). The most popular summits are Karakol Peak and Djiguit Peak. On Djiguit Peak there are most interesting and difficult routes in the area. Abundance of snow and ice as well as considerable drops of the altitudes make Karakol Peak very similar to the 7000 m peaks. Before the left tributary of Karakol river along its left bank there are many low passes which are very convenient for short but fabulous hiking to the upper part of Yrdyk gorge. There you can reach seven glacial lakes near moraine. Trough Ala Kol pass you can get the middle part of Arashan gorge and ascent Issyk Kul Peak. From the peak you will admire the panoramic view of surrounding mountains and breathtaking view of the Lake Issyk Kul. Also you will see a cascade of waterfalls and beautiful Ala Kol Lake.
To visit Karakol gorge you are to pay ecology fee. It is paid at the entrance gate of the park.
Cost per person – 5 USD (paid in National currency)
1) Airport – Bishkek (35 km):
– on a car– 2-3 persons with luggage – 20 USD per car / one way
– on a minivan – 4-5 persons with luggage – 35 USD per van / one way
– on a minibus – 6-12 persons with luggage – 45 USD per minibus / one way
2) Bishkek c. – Karakol town (400 km, 6-8 hours):
– on a car– 1-2 persons with luggage – 115 USD per car / one way
– on a minivan – 3-5 persons with luggage – 175 USD per van / one way
– on a minibus – 6-12 persons with luggage – 200 USD per minibus / one way
3) Karakol t. – Karakol mountaineering camp:
– on “UAZ-442” – 6-8 persons with luggage – 140 USD per van / one way
– on “GAZ-66” – 6-12 persons with luggage – 165 USD per minibus / one way
Cooking equipment rent, purchase of gas bottles and food:
– Gas cylinders/bottles (for EpiGas burner) you may order and buy in our RED FOX outdoor equipment and sport wear shop. The shop is located at the following address: 65, Baytik Batira (Sovetskaya) str. (cross Kulatova str.), Bishkek c.
Advance order is available at the following e-mail email@example.com.
Price of 1 bottle (230 g) of KOVEA Co (South Korea) – 9 USD
– Sport session equipment rent:
Tent-kitchen (“Angara” tent of Rock Pillars Co or Team Fox tent of Red Fox Co) – accommodating up to 20 persons- 10 USD/Day
Gas cylinder (25 l) – 25 USD + pledge 100 USD, Gas cylinder (50 l) – 40 USD + pledge – 200 USD. (The price is valid ONLY in case of returning of empty gas cylinder. Otherwise you will be charged extra 40 USD for gas cylinder (25 l) and 100 USD for gas cylinder (50 l)
Gas cooker (2 burners) – 3 USD/Day
Satellite phone – 7 USD/Day + pledge – 850 USD. Phone services are paid separately!
High altitude tent Fox Explorer of Red Fox Co – 4 USD/Day
Base camp tents Fox Comfort 4 of Red Fox Co – 4 USD/Day
Detailed description of the tents is available at http://www.redfox.kg
• Electric generator 1.2 kilowatt with working equipment – 10 USD / Day
– Preordered food purchase is available according to the list of food e-mailed on firstname.lastname@example.org. The service costs total price of the food ordered + 10%