Horseback riding games played a vitally important role for Kyrgyz people. The main aim of these games was to teach children to ride horses professionally.
Nowadays it is entertainment. You have a chance to watch various kinds of traditional Kyrgyz horseback riding games like:
- Ulak Tartysh
- At Chabysh
- Kyz Kuumai
- Tyiyn Enmei
Ulak Tartysh. The most famous nomadic game. It might seem cruel as it is played with a dead and headless goal (make sure to ask for a “fake” goat if you don’t want to watch it. It is possible to arrange when booking the horse riding games show).
The game is played on a field 200 meters long and 70 meters wide. But the size of the field can vary according to the number of participants. Two kazans – big goals with 4.4 meters in diameter and 1.2 meters high are placed on opposite sides of a field. A goal is scored each time a ulak (goat carcass) is placed in an opponent’s kazan.
Oodarysh. Usually are played by the strongest men in the village. It is kind of a wrestling match when two men try to throw each other off their horses.
At Chabysh. A horse race on a long distance. Participation is free for everyone and almost doesn’t have age limits. Even teenagers can participate. However, the minimum age for participants is 13.
Tyin Enmey. The game is for professional riders. The task is to pick up a coin while riding a galloping horse. The distance of the field is approximately 100 meters, the coins are placed 50 – 60 meters from the start of the field.
Kyz Kuumai. The most romantic horse game. It was initially played at weddings. It was the groom who had to catch up to the bride and give her a kiss to show her love. If he can’t do it she was allowed to smack him with her whip!
Now the game is played not only by grooms and brides but also by young people and can be watched at festivals or other celebrations.
It is possible to watch most of the horse riding games on request. You just need to inform the time and dates and pick up the location. The prices and locations can be negotiated with the manager (please fill the contact form above). The prices start from 150 USD per group.
- Bread Baking
- Bread Baking in Osh
- Production of huge carpets In Bokonbaevo
- Horse riding tours
- Horseback riding games in Sary-Mongol
- Horseback riding games (Son-Kul)
- Horseback riding games in Reyna-Kench
- Panoramic jeep tour around the walnut forest in Arslanbob
- Kyrgyz lesson and visit to Bilimkana school in Chon Kemin
- Lunches and dinners in local families
- Half day trip to Ala Archa gorge
- Half day trip to a horse farm
- Visiting Karkara base camp
- Golden eagle hunting show in Balykchy
- Lamb on a skewer
- Boat cruise at Issyk Kul Lake
- Yurt setting up show at Son Kul Lake
- Helicopter flight to South Enylchek Base Camp at the foot of Khan Tengri peak
- Demonstration of traditions with Babushki in Alay valley
- Yak show near Tulpar Kol Lake
- Excursion to the interactive shepherd museum in the Kyzyl – Tash agro farm
- Felt production demonstration in Kochkor village
- Master class on cooking in Arslanbob
- Golden eagle hunting show in Jety Oguz
- National horseback riding games in Burana
- Uzbek folk music in Arslanbob
- Soap making workshop in Tasma village
- Workshop on drawing felt on a silk scarf
- Golden eagle hunting show in Bokonbaevo village
- Workshop on making Elechek
- Folklore musical show during dinner in Bishkek city
- The Burana Tower
- Workshop on making a small small rug
- Golden eagle hunting show in Kochkor
- Petroglyphs in Cholpon-Аta
- Uighur lagman making in Karakol
- Rukh Ordo
- Excursion to the interactive shepherd museum in the Kyzyl – Tash agro-farm + lunch
- Prjevalskii Memoria
- Dungan mosque
- Office visit “One village one product”
- Felt production demonstration in Tamchy village
- Felt workshop in Kyzyl-Tash agro-farm
- Dungan lagman making in Karakol